Tuesday, July 14, 2009











We got to go to our annual trip to the temple in Nauvoo this last weekend. I was surprised to discover these sculptures that had been added to our experience at the Visitors' Center. These pictures do not do them justice, but you can get an idea what they are like. There about a dozen of them depicting moments in the Savior's life. The details are just marvelous. Even the expression on Christ's face changes with what is going on. The work is done by a woman named Angela Johnson. I was told she is from Gilbert. After watching our daughter, Paige, work on some sculpting and the time it takes, I just cannot believe anyone was able to make these in one lifetime.




2 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

Donise those statues are beautiful!! And your photos of them are very artistic.

We are back in town now. I just wish I could get over jet lag. I keep waking up at 3--but that is a good time to catch up on blog reading! :-)

Paige said...

Very cool Mom!