A few months ago when Elder Joe J. Christensen was at our home for dinner, I made my Navy Bean Soup. He liked it so much he asked me to fix it every time he comes. I have respected his request. I have never had a recipe for it. Many people have asked me for one. Today when Sister Christensen asked me to please write down some instructions, I just to do my best. I am putting a copy here on my blog. Let me know if you ever make it and how you like it.
Navy Bean Soup
Soak 2 cups of Navy Beans over night. Rinse the beans in the morning. Cover with about 2 or 3 inches of water. Put on stove and heat until the water boils. Reduce heat to a simmer. Add a ham hock, chopped onion, 1 grated carrot, and 2 stocks of celery. Cook for 3 or more hours. When meat easily comes off bone and beans are soft, remove ham and cut into bite size pieces. Return ham to soup. Season the soup with garlic salt and pepper. I often add a chopped green pepper and chopped basil or parsley.
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh I love your Navy Bean Soup!
Post a Comment