Thursday, May 7, 2009

Springtime












I wish so much that I could share with my loved ones this beautiful spring. I have come to the realization that we will have to leave this spot. I am trying to enjoy it all as much as possible. One thing that I am doing is reading our book on Adam-ondi-Ahman outside. You would probably have to imagine being outside and not hearing any sound that is made by man. Yesterday I went for a walk with Jamie Wright and Kara Allan. We headed down a wooded lane and we were chattering all along the way. I suggested that we stop and just listen. As we did this, at first we could hear the birds singing, then the breeze going through the trees and then we could even hear a little spring bubbling up from the ground. We were just in awe. As we looked around, we noticed a red cardinal sitting on a tree singing and watching us. There were also yellow finches and blue jays. We bowed our heads and gave a prayer of thankgiving and then walked reverently back down the path and had a whole new experience. I need to slow down more often and learn from the wonders around me.



3 comments:

nelly said...

I'd love to come and take a walk with you.

Joy For Your Journey said...

I second what Nelly said. I can't wait to be there next month!! And what a sweet lesson about slowing down and taking notice of the blessings around you. I love that.

Erin said...

That is one of my favorite things to do, taking walks and just listening to all the birds and the wind in the trees. It is so relaxing.