Monday, May 18, 2009

Come meet our new little friend, Oreo












I wanted to write to you about my friend I call Oreo. He is an oriole bird. His feathers are black and a bright orange. Oreo has decided that he wants to be part of our family.
One day he just flew into our window because he wanted to be inside. Of course, he could come in, nevertheless, he keeps trying. He likes to just look in the window and watches us. We first met him Sunday afternoon. I was excited to take pictures and thought I might scare him away, but he seems to like the attention. After he watches us for awhile, he will sing the most beautiful songs. He seems to be talking to us. When it got dark we closed the draperies and went to bed.
The next morning Lloyd and I were reading scriptures together and I could hear Oreo singing good morning to us. I opened the draperies and there he was! He would fly from the window over to the bird feeder. I was out of seeds and it was like he was letting me know I need to put more out. One of my friends gave me some and this afternoon he is still singing and watching me.



4 comments:

Joy For Your Journey said...

I used to have some birds who kept me company each day. They had five little babies who were a lot of fun to watch grow as well. How fun for you to have your new little friend!

nelly said...

That is so cute. He is so pretty. I'm used to birds just being brown.

Denise said...

Donise,
I is so wonderful to hear about all your amazing experiences. I have finches that I love to hear sing every day. The house would be too quiet without them.
Being a new bishop's wife, I have even greater admiration for you and all your years supporting your husband as bishop and stake president. It's hard and I'm struggling. Any words of wisdom?? (will be greatly appreciated)
We have a new grandson, Harrison, who was born 4-11-09. I pray everyday that he will be healthy and strong. There are pictures of him on my blog thackerthacker.blogspot.com if you have a spare minute to look.
Thank you for being such a good example to me. Love Denise

Paige said...

PRETTY!