Saturday, December 20, 2008

Forgive me but I am still trying to learn my way around this blog. For some reason I was not able to write anything by the pictures I posted. There is one group that is from the Coffey Elementary School program. This is a little town 7 miles down the road that has the school for the First through Eighth grades. Most of the classes have two grades in the same classroom and there will be about 8 to 10 students in that classroom. All of us at AOA were invited to go to the program. We arrived fifteen minutes early, but the place was aready packed. All the little girls were in their best dresses and some of the boys even had on ties. It was very much a Christmas program, with even carols being sung about Jesus. People in the midwest are not afraid to be labeled Christians. All the numbers were so well done. I do have to mention the band that the 7th and 8th graders had. It so reminded me of the one that was in my grade school. I only wish that I had a video of it and I am sure that it would have won the prize in the American Home Video contest. Bless their hearts.
We have also attended the Trenton branch Christmas party. It was so well done. Usually when we show up, the missionaries end up setting up chair and tables. But this time everything was done and the decoration were just lovely. They served different soups, breads and desserts. There was even a contest for the best soup and dessert. After that there was a branch talent show. So many people stepped forward to perform. I showed you some of the highlites. There is Elder Price telling one of his cowboy poems, Blaine age 3 playing a little violin and even Elder Westover whistling. It really was one of the best Christmas party at church that I have been to.

1 comment:

Joy For Your Journey said...

Donise and Lloyd--
It sounds like you are having fun. I hope you have a very merry Christmas!

Lori