June is going to be the month of visitors it is turning out. We started by having my brother Ted, his wife Patti and daughter Eden come for a visit.
Ted arrived about 6:00p.m. Satruday evening with Patti and Eden. It was so fun to have them here. Ted and Patti have not changed at all, but sweet Eden has turned into a lovely young lady. She will be twelve this August. I fed them a dinner of roast pork, wild rice, and asparagus. We went for a drive and we first showed them Jameson and their fifty-cent mall. Then we went for a drive around AOA. We were able to see quite a bit of wild life as well. We saw about 20 deer, but no fawns. (There have been some spotted, but not by us). When it got dark, (after 9:00 p.m.) we were driving home and we saw many fireflies. They are so much fun to see. It was hard to stop talking and go to bed.
It is always fun to take family to church at the branch. Everyone is so friendly and excited to meet new people. We had gotten word that Brad and Lori Nally were willing to drive up from Liberty with their nine children to come visit us. I just had to promise them food for doing that! When we got home from church the Nallys were sitting in their 15-passenger van waiting for us. We all ( sixteen of us) drove over to the Work Center where I had sloppy Joes, potato salad, Jell-O salad, chips, chocolate cake and the fixing of homemade ice cream waiting for us.
It is always fun to take family to church at the branch. Everyone is so friendly and excited to meet new people. We had gotten word that Brad and Lori Nally were willing to drive up from Liberty with their nine children to come visit us. I just had to promise them food for doing that! When we got home from church the Nallys were sitting in their 15-passenger van waiting for us. We all ( sixteen of us) drove over to the Work Center where I had sloppy Joes, potato salad, Jell-O salad, chips, chocolate cake and the fixing of homemade ice cream waiting for us.
I just have to write about the Nallys. Everyone was in the Sunday best. They all got along so well after traveling for a week. The children ate everything I feed them. The boys all waited until all the girls and women had been served before they got their food. The older children helped the little ones. After we were through eating, the kids all just stepped up and started cleaning. Lori and Brad were able to visit with us while the kids worked. We took everyone down to Preacher’s Rock and Lloyd explained Adam-ondi-Ahman and its roll in the history of the world. It was a very pleasant afternoon. The Nally were on their way about 4:00.
Ted and Patti went to the fireside with us and then we went home, got comfortable and sat outside watching Eden on the swing while we visited and ate popcorn. It was such a perfect day.
Ted and Patti went to the fireside with us and then we went home, got comfortable and sat outside watching Eden on the swing while we visited and ate popcorn. It was such a perfect day.
4 comments:
Oh how fun is that!!! I am glad you had a great time with your company. We are counting down the days until we see you. Hopefully my kids will be well behaved too!
Mom, Fun! The Nally's look great. I only counted eight kids in the picture. Was one not in the picture? I'm glad they got yp come out and see you! =D
We did have a great, wonderful, fun, educational time. The Prices are the best hosts! Love, Ted, Patti and Eden
I get so excited when people get to visit you. Then a little bit of jealousy creeps in. Looks like you had fun. We're counting down the days till you come home.
Post a Comment